Event 27.06: Combating environmental criminality and ecocide – EU Parliament
Event 27.06.2018 | 15:00 – 27.06.2018 | 18:30
European Parliament, Rue Wiertz 60, room A1G3
Combating environmental criminality and ecocide
15.00 – 15.10
Opening by MEP Florent Marcellesi
PANEL 1 – The rise of Environmental Crime. A growing Threat to Natural Resources, Peace, Development and Security.
MODERATOR: MEP Michèle Rivasi
- Christian NELLEMANN, Head of the Rapid Response Unit and Director of RHIPTO
- Jo BLACKMAN, Senior Campaigner (Congo Basin Forests), Global Witness.
“Environmental crime and the global trade in tropical timber”.
- Sebastian LOSADA, Oceans Policy Adviser at Greenpeace International.
« The case of fishing: Greenpeace documentation of illegal fishing and human rights abuses »
- Miriam GARCÍA TORRES, Member of Ecologistas en Acción.
“IBEX 35 enterprises at war against life. Spanish transnational corporations and socio-ecological conflicts in Latin America”.
- Bienvenu MATUMO, Member of the association Lucha.
“The case of coltan and cobalt in DRC”.
PANEL 2 – Harnessing environmental justice to combat global environmental criminality. The way forward.
MODERATOR: MEP Pascal Durand
- Valérie CABANES, spokesperson for End Ecocide on Earth
- Françoise TULKENS, judge and former Chair of Monsanto Tribunal.
- Johanna ENGSTROM, Legal officer, Criminal Procedural Law, DG Justice, European Commission.
Registration here : https://www.greens-efa.eu/en/article/event/7876/
This entry was posted in Droit pénal international, Ecocide, écologie, environmental crime, Justice, Planetary Boundaries, Rights of nature by admin with